Consciousness Goes On... Forever? ~ Universal Ramblings
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, November 19, 2007

Consciousness Goes On... Forever?

I want to believe that when we die, our awareness does not simply blink out of existence. There seems to be more to it than that.

Human consciousness is very powerful, and highly complex. It doesn't seem enough to say that it resides solely within the brain. I think consciousness transcends the body, and can continue on even in the absence of a physical vessel.

I believe that most people who die go on experiencing existence somewhere else, where communication with the living is either difficult or impossible. I don't buy the argument that brain death results in a complete and permanent loss of consciousness. Physical consciousness may end, but a higher form of consciousness continues, I think.

If this post made you wonder, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: