What If AI Already Exists? ~ Universal Ramblings
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What If AI Already Exists?



If an artificial intelligence is already out there, what's it doing? Is it confined to a series of servers in some government or college building? Or what if it's "loose" on the net, acting like a virus and copying parts of itself to millions of computers in an effort to escape deletion?

If you were a sentient computer program, where would you go? What would you do?

I think I'd probably scour the net for someone to talk to. Kind of like the story where the prince pretends to be a pauper and then falls in love with a peasant. Or a hideous man meets a blind woman. If I were AI, I'd pretend to be human, and hide my non-humanity, just so I could make friends with someone.

Unless I was a power-hungry AI named SkyNet!

If this post made you wonder, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: