Afterlife = Loss of Individuality? ~ Universal Ramblings
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, October 22, 2007

Afterlife = Loss of Individuality?



Do we maintain our identities after we die? Or do we join a sort of collective consciousness? I personally want to remain aware and individual. Even if I can hook into the collective, what use is it to me if I don't get to remember who I am?

If you die, rejoin the collective, and then remember that you were a part of it all along and had no right to think you could stay an individual forever, how would that be? I guess you'd resign yourself to being part of the collective, and then lose yourself altogether. At that point it wouldn't matter anymore, but thinking about it now is pretty scary.

I don't want to lose my self-awareness...

If this post made you wonder, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: